- OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- iKnowlogy is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
- We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us when you use our Service. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, fill in a form on our Service, create or edit your user profile on the Service, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to a survey, enter a promotion or use some other feature of our Service. We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as data enrichment services.
- If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or respond to your other requests.
- We also automatically collect personal information about you indirectly about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service.
- We may link or combine the personal information we collect about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalised experience regardless of how you interact with us.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our Service and developing new products and features. We may also share such anonymised information with others.
- MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
From time to time we may contact you with information about our products and services. Most marketing messages we send will be by email. For some marketing messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant marketing information to share with you. If you do not want to receive marketing messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details. You can also change your marketing preferences at a later date by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails or logging into your account on our website and changing your preferences.
- STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers. All electronic transactions entered into via our website will be protected by SSL encryption technology. We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your account ID, password, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
- International Transfers of your Personal Information
As our data infrastructure is located in the USA, any information you provide will initially be collected and stored in the USA. If you are in the EU or EEA, this may mean that your personal information will be stored in a jurisdiction that offers a level of protection that may, in certain instances, be less protective of your personal information than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in.
- Privacy Shield We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information received from European Union countries and Switzerland (the “Privacy Shield”). We have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity, purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability (“Principles”). If there is any conflict between the policies in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Principles shall govern. To learn more about Privacy Shield, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov/. For more information regarding our Privacy Shield certification, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In accordance with European Union privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access
The right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right to rectification
The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure
The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction
The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalisation of our website experience by saving your information such as user ID and other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
- We use the following types of cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it, and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties who provide a service to us for this purpose.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on our website. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including those of other users, our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
- OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Service is not directed at persons under 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- NOTICE TO YOU
- If you would like to complain about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this policy.
- If your complaint remains unresolved, you can refer the matter to the Privacy Shield Panel. Please contact us using the details below if you would like the matter to be handled by the Privacy Shield Panel.
- CONTACTING US